Advanced Time Off and Compliance in California - eProgram (4 Sessions)
4/24 (Tues), 4/26 (Thurs), 5/1 (Tues), 5/3 (Thurs)
11:00am - 12:30pm
The eProgram Series meets in four, 90-minute online sessions
Qualifies for 6 California/General HRCI Recertification Credits (approval pending) / 6 SHRM PDCs
Price: Members $195 / General $245/ Join NCHRA Now $380 (Save $50 and receive the Member Rate by purchasing a 1 yr Membership with this program)
Extend and apply your knowledge of employee leaves of absence to complex time off scenarios. Analyze the effectiveness of your policies and practices and comply with complicated federal and state leave rules and interplay of laws such as FMLA, CFRA, PDA, and FEHA Disability Accommodations.
Leaves of absence and disability accommodation laws and regulations continue to be tricky for California employers and their HR professionals. Pitfalls and unintended consequences can easily occur unless HR has detailed knowledge of all the compliance obligations.
This eProgram series explores the vexing scenarios that arise, including fitness for duty examinations, performance problems and return to work challenges. If you participate, you will be able to:
· Understand the latest legal compliance issues
· Problem-solve complex leave of absence scenarios
· Analyze appropriate medical certification requirements
· Examine ways to avoid retaliation claims
- Session 1 (4/24) – Problem-solve on complex leave of absence scenariosincluding the SF Paid Parental Leave Ordinance (including baby bonding).
- Session 2 (4/26) – Examine selected topics, such as fitness for duty examinations, interplay with ADA/FEHA disability accommodation issues, and return to work challenges.
- Session 3 (5/1) – Determine how time off programs can best address employees' major life events.
- Session 4 (5/3) – Analyze job reinstatement obligations and job performance issues.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Mary Topliff, principal of Law Offices of Mary L. Topliff in San Francisco, specializes in employment law counseling, training and compliance. She advises employers on all aspects of employment law, including designing and auditing time off policies to achieve compliance and employer objectives.
Cancellations received less than seven calendar days from the program date are not refundable. If cancellation within seven days of the program is unavoidable, a credit for a future event will be granted, minus a $75 administration fee ($15 for regional meetings). Credits must be used within one year of issue. A substitute attendee is allowed at the applicable NCHRA member/non-member rate in lieu of credit. Separate cancellation policies apply for the HR West Conference and Certification Preparation Courses.