Registration: NCHRA Members $1187 / General $1372 (includes one-year NCHRA membership)
Registration includes the 2017 SHRM Learning System® covering The Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™).
SUMMARY OF COURSE
SHRM-CP/SCP Certification Preparation--36 Instructional Hours
Earn the Standard in HR Certification with a SHRM Learning System® Instructor-led course.
Expand your human resource knowledge and prepare for the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or the SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) exam with one of NCHRA's high-quality preparation courses.
This 12-week instructor-led course is designed for individuals interested in preparing for the SHRM certification exam, achieving professional advancement and building confidence for addressing today’s human resource challenges. Register today for this comprehensive program and open the door to new career opportunities by setting yourself apart from other HR professionals.
Superior Certification Preparation with the SHRM Learning System®
Our course is based on the 2017 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. Comprised of comprehensive learning modules teaching the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™), the online resources and study materials streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
The most in-depth of our course offerings, the 12-week course meets evenings to accommodate busy work schedules. NCHRA’s certification preparation programs combine expert instruction with the 2017 SHRM Learning System®, so you will learn faster, retain more, and stay on track as you prepare for the exam.
Class begins Tuesday, February 6 and ends Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
No Class Tuesday, March 7th.
Sessions held one night a week from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Register for our 12-week course and add the 3-Day accelerated course review for $365. Option available at checkout.
* For the 3-Day Course Review add on- you will use the SHRM Learning System from the 12-week course.
• Applicants must show that they have worked in an HR role for more than 1,000 hours within a calendar year, which equates to one year of experience.
• HR experience can be in an exempt or non-exempt capacity.
• HR experience may be classified directly, as working in an HR role, or indirectly, by consulting, educating, or educating or researching HR practices linked specifically to human resource management.
* Less than a bachelor’s degree includes: associate's degree; some college; high school or GED.
ABOUT THE FaciliTator
Nancy C. Nelson, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, GPHR, PHRca, is principal consultant for HRProse, LLC, an HR consultancy dedicated to building workplace policies and practices with a focus on small businesses. Established in 2006, Nancy works with companies in high-tech, manufacturing, service, non-profit, education and other sectors. She is also the program chair for the HR Management certificate program at UC Santa Cruz Extension Silicon Valley and was an adjunct faculty member in the school of business management for California State University, East Bay. Nancy is very active in the HR community and has held various volunteer leadership positions with HR associations at national, state and local levels, including president of the Bay Area Human Resource Executives Council, president of the Santa Clara Valley Chapter of SHRM, and director of the California State Council of SHRM.
* A minimum of 8 participants is required to hold each class.
* To ensure timely receipt of course materials, you should register by January, 31 2017.