California Compliance Boot Camp
A 2-Day Intensive Seminar for HR Practitioners
Thursday, November 8 & Friday, November 9
**Earn 10 California credits!**
Registration/Networking 9:00am - 9:30am
Program 9:30am - 3:30pm each day
Qualifies for 10 CA Recertification Credits / 10 SHRM PDCs
Price: Member $398 / General $598 / Join Now (includes a 1-year NCHRA membership) $582.97
Participate in this well-rounded training covering California’s complex and often confusing employment laws and regulations including the "danger zones" where you need to be savvy. We will exercise your brain and tone your HR muscles so that you are able to recognize the issues that can present risk to your organization in California. With this high-intensity 2-day training, you will develop tools to navigate the complex employment landscape of California and learn practical skills for reducing liability.
We will cover:
· Key Elements of California Wage and Hour - timekeeping procedures, meal and rest breaks, state and city minimum wage, waiting/on-call time, overtime, make-up time, compensatory time, final wages, etc.
· Exempt and Non-Exempt Employment Classification – How California rules differ from the federal guidelines.
· Harassment and Discrimination - What are the current California protected categories? How to handle complaints of harassment or discrimination in your CA workplace. When can you be held personally liable? Providing state-mandated Supervisory Training.
· Leave Administration – California’s unique leave laws including, California Family Rights Act, Baby Bonding Leave, Pregnancy Disability Leave, New Parents Family Leave, Military Spousal Leave, Workers' Comp, Victim's Leave, Organ Donor Leave, etc. and how they interact with FMLA.
· Accommodation – Differences and similarities between Federal ADA and California’s disability protections.
· Workers Compensation Insurance – Utilization of Medical Provider network (MPN) clinics and the required notices and postings.
· Unemployment Insurance/State Disability/Paid Family Leave – Understanding various state income replacement programs. How your annual U.I. rates are calculated. When to fight, and how to win, an unemployment claim.
· Harassment & Discrimination - a primer on California’s protected categories and how to handle complaints.
· Employee Benefits – Regulations related to Vacation, Paid Time Off (PTO), Kin Care and new mandated Paid Sick Days
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Two themes woven throughout Lauraine Bifulco’s diverse career include a passion for a job well done and a zest for continual learning and improvement. Lauraine infuses Vantaggio HR with these qualities every day. When she founded the firm in 1994, Lauraine combined her rare talent in understanding what a client needs and her gift of business foresight to create a company that can service the HR and management consulting needs of small and large companies equally well. Today, Vantaggio HR serves clients across the country from their offices in Southern California, Hawaii, and Florida.
Lauraine is a veteran HR executive and entrepreneur with 25 years of international, corporate, and consulting experience. Her bold career has taken her to employment and business opportunities in Europe and multiple U.S. cities. Her career experience helps employers realize their HR goals and adapt to the shifting HR landscape.
Cancellations received less than seven calendar days from the program date are not refundable. If cancellation within seven days of the program is unavoidable, a credit for a future event will be granted, minus a $75 administration fee ($15 for regional meetings). Credits must be used within one year of issue. A substitute attendee is allowed at the applicable NCHRA member/non-member rate in lieu of credit. Separate cancellation policies apply for the HR West Conference and Certification Preparation Courses.