California HR 2-Day Intensive Bootcamp
Thursday, June 4th & Friday, June 5th
Registration/Networking 9:00 - 9:30am
Program 9:30am - 3:30pm
Qualifies for 10 California or General HRCI Recertification Credits (approval pending) / 10 SHRM PDCs
Price: Members $398 / General $598 (No membership included) / Join Now $582.97 (1-Year membership included)
This intensive, 2-day bootcamp will be a deep dive training session covering California's complex and often confusing employment laws and regulations including the "danger zones" where you need to be extra savvy in your HR role. We will “exercise” your brain and tone your HR “muscles” so that you are able to recognize the issues that can present risk to your organization in California.
Get your HR skills in shape with the highly-sought after speaker and founder of Vantaggio HR, Lauraine Bifulco. Lauraine is a veteran HR executive and entrepreneur with 25 years of international, corporate, and consulting experience. With this high intensity training, you will obtain tools to navigate the complex employment landscape of California and will learn practical skills for reducing liability.
After participating, you will know:
* Key Elements of California Wage and Hour - timekeeping procedures, meal and rest breaks, state and city minimum wage, waiting/on-call time, overtime, make-up time, compensatory time, final wages, etc.
* Exempt and Non-Exempt Employment Classification - How California rules differ from the federal guidelines.
* Harassment and Discrimination - What are the current California protected categories? How to handle complaints of harassment or discrimination in your CA workplace. When can you be held personally liable? Providing state-mandated Supervisory Training.
* Leave Administration - California's unique leave laws including, California Family Rights Act, Baby Bonding Leave, Pregnancy Disability Leave, New Parent Leave Act, Military Spousal Leave, Workers' Comp, Victim's Leave, Organ Donor Leave, etc. and how they interact with FMLA.
* Accommodation - Differences and similarities between Federal ADA and California's disability protections.
* Workers Compensation Insurance - Utilization of Medical Provider network (MPN) clinics and the required notices and postings.
* Unemployment Insurance/State Disability/Paid Family Leave - Understanding various state income replacement programs. How your annual U.I. rates are calculated. When to fight and how to win an unemployment claim.
* Harassment & Discrimination - a primer on California's protected categories and how to handle complaints.
* Employee Benefits - Regulations related to Vacation, Paid Time Off (PTO), Kin Care and new mandated Paid Sick Days. City-specific benefits such as San Francisco's Sick Leave and Commuter
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Two themes are woven throughout Lauraine Bifulco's diverse career: a passion for a job well done and a zest for continual learning and improvement. Lauraine infuses Vantaggio HR with these qualities every day. When she founded the firm in 1994, Lauraine combined her rare talent in understanding what a client needs and her gift of business foresight to create a company that can service the HR and management consulting needs of small and large companies equally well. Today Vantaggio serves clients across the country from their offices in California, Hawaii, and New York.
Her career experience helps employers realize their HR goals and adapt to the shifting HR landscape. Lauraine is a veteran HR executive and entrepreneur with 25 years of international, corporate, and consulting experience. Her bold career has taken her to employment and business opportunities in Europe and multiple U.S. cities. She serves as co-chair of the California Small Business Administration’s committee on Labor Issues which reviews and makes recommendations on pending labor/employment laws, keeping her abreast of legal developments.
Delivering over 30 presentations and webinars each year, Lauraine is a well-respected, and highly sought-after guest lecturer and speaker on a variety of business management and HR-related topics for both state and national organizations. She has been invited to review, develop, and deliver certificate programs for SHRM, and has developed and delivered curriculum for businesses throughout the U.S.
Lauraine received a Bachelor's degree from Wellesley College and conducted graduate level studies in linguistics at the Sorbonne in Paris.
Cancellations received less than seven calendar days from the program date are not refundable. If cancellation within seven days of the program is unavoidable, a credit for a future event will be granted, minus a $75 administration fee ($15 for regional meetings). Credits must be used within one year of issue. A substitute attendee is allowed at the applicable NCHRA member/non-member rate in lieu of credit. Separate cancellation policies apply for the HR West Conference and Certification Preparation Courses.