***NEW IN 2020!***
NCHRA, powered by HR.com, is now offering COMBO PHR/SPHR & SHRM-CP/SCP prep classes at new LOW prices!! You can prepare for one or both exams at the same time!
NCHRA Members $895
Join Now $1029.97 (includes one-year NCHRA membership - save $60 off regular membership price of $195!)
Registration includes the Human Resource Certification Preparation Program (HRCP), an extensive study guide covering each functional area of the exam. The material includes printed books, printed flash cards, and online practice exams.
SUMMARY OF COURSES
Specifically designed for individuals who crave a fast-paced learning environment. Prepare for your PHR/SPHR with this concentrated, full day course complete with practice tests and a certified, experienced facilitator.
The curriculum, designed by subject-matter experts. Attend the course to:
• Learn from an experienced facilitator and interact with your peers
• Take several practice exams to determine your focus areas
• Share real-world experiences with other HR professionals
Thursday, June 18, 2020 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Friday, June 19, 2020 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Saturday, June 20, 2020 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
-A minimum of 1 year of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Master's degree or higher, OR
-A minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Bachelor's degree, OR
-A minimum of 4 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with less than a Bachelor's degree, and a high school diploma or global equivalent.
-A minimum of 4 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Master’s degree or higher, OR
-A minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Bachelor’s degree, OR
-A minimum of 7 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with less than a Bachelor's degree, and a high school diploma or global equivalent.
PHR/SPHR EXAM AND REGISTRATION:
No exam application deadlines or windows. Please visit www.HRCI.org to schedule your exam.
SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP:
• Applicants must show that they have worked in an HR role for more than 1,000 hours within a calendar year, which equates to one year of experience.
• HR experience can be in an exempt or non-exempt capacity.
• HR experience may be classified directly, as working in an HR role, or indirectly, by consulting, educating, or educating or researching HR practices linked specifically to human resource management.
* Less than a bachelor’s degree includes: associate's degree; some college; high school or GED.
2020 SHRM SPRING EXAM WINDOW: MAY 1, 2020 TO JULY 15, 2020
The testing windows are the dates during which the exams are administered. The application dates are when candidates can register for the exam.
|January 6, 2020
|March 20, 2020
||April 10, 2020
Please note: The exam application deadlines close at 11:59 PM, ET. Please visit www. SHRM.org for more exam details and registration
* NCHRA does not refund exam change fees.
* A minimum of 8 participants is required to hold each class. You will receive a class confirmation email with registration details once the minimum is met.
* To ensure timely receipt of course materials and adequate time to read in advance of class, you should register by May 18, 2020. Materials will be shipped once we receive full payment and the class is confirmed.
* Learning materials will be shipped by HRCP to the address provided when registering. If you need to provide an alternate shipping address, please contact NCHRA at 800-339-4481 ext 5 before registering.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR:
Jan Wilson, MA, SPHR, PHRca has over 30 years of experience and leadership in human resources, including being past President and CFO of the Northern California Human Resources Council (now Next Concept HR Association - NCHRA); board member multiple terms and chaired multiple committees; long-term member of the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce Jobs Forum. Additionally, Jan:
· Founder of Vital Assets LLC, HR and business management consulting on optimizing productivity through best business management practices, strategy, and effective application of business technology software.
· Within HR specialty served as director of HR, staffing, compensation and benefits, both domestically and internationally.
· Primary HR experience in high tech, biotech and banking; plus business management consulting to small to medium companies in a variety of industries.
· Senior adjunct professor of HR and business management in Ageno School of Business at Golden Gate University
· Certified teacher and mentor teacher of PHR/SPHR and GPHR certification preparation courses through NCHRA, having taught certification for over 20 years.
· BA in Psychology from University of California at Berkeley; MA in Counseling from California State University at Sonoma; management certificate from American Electronics Association/Santa Clara University Management Development Program. She has completed various graduate business programs such as economics, financial management and advanced statistics from California State University at San Francisco and Golden Gate University.
* Partial refunds--full registration less a $75 service charge--are available up to one week before start date ONLY IF MATERIALS ARE RETURNED UNOPENED AND IN PERFECT CONDITION.